Thursday, July 1, 2010

#3 by Thoren Karth

As Thoren Karth walked into the bar on Java station he noticed the bartender waving him over.
"Good to see you again mate." he said.
"Good to be seen Henry, how are things holding up around here?"
"Things are holding up as well as ever. Oh and the reason I wanted to talk to you right away was there there was this guy who came through a few hours ago that was asking for you."
"Oh really? What kind of guy was he?"
"Well he seemed to be kinda a rough fellow, didn't seem to be the pirate type though. Definitely had some kind of military backround, probably an officer, but he must have been done with that for some time to be in the shape his was in."
"Well if he comes around again ask him to leave a message, or a way for me to contact him. He didn't happen to give his name did he?"
"Actually he did. I was rather surprised considering how careful most people are around strangers up here."
"What was the name he gave?"
"Oh right. It was Fantom13. I"m guessing that's his callsign and not his real name though..."
"Well considering that it has a number in it I would say that is most definitely not his real name." Thoren said in a sarcastic tone.
"I don't know why I try to help you sometimes." Returned the bar keep.
"Because I pay well and help kill the Outcasts that attack this base and your miners..."
"Well I suppose you do at that. Here's a drink on the house for taking down that last attack wave."
Thoren Downed the glass in one swig and sets it down on the bar. "Thanks Henry, I needed that after all the work I've been up to today."
"All right Thoren, off with you now. And don't worry about that stranger, if he comes around here again I"ll make sure he stays long enough to meet
you."
"All right, I"ll be taking a nap before heading out again."

Thoren walked out of the bar wondering if maybe his luck had changed and maybe this guy who was looking for him would help him in his war with the Outcasts and their drug Cardamine. Or of course he could be someone who wanted him dead and was here to kill him. But either way he needed to find out who this guy was and what he wanted with him. Only time would tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment