Saturday, July 3, 2010

#19 by Skyler

Skyler was impatiently pacing the bridge. "Has no one gotten together to attack the Kyushu and Honshu systems and reclaim them from the outcasts and their horrors?"

"There have been all kinds of reports on the nets lately, but no word on anything involving a major attack that would clear the way enough for us to move in. Sorry chief."

"It's not your fault Griff. Gah! I can't stand this waiting. We're as close as we can get here at Holman, what with no stations that can support a super train between us and Planet Kyushu. But we're not close enough! There has to be something we can do besides wait. Have I said I hate waiting? I really hate waiting."

Griff suppressed a grin as he replied. "I know chief, and it's your drive that has gotten you where you are now. I'm sorry to say I can't think of anything we can do to get there before a military or merc force clears the way for us."

"Griff, you are brilliant! We have cash, we can hire bounty hunters and freelancers to clear us a path in and back out. That way we don't have to wait on governments to figure out what they're doing."

"I"ll get right on it chief! I'll check for any local freelancers that may wish to help...for a good profit anyway. And I"ll check the bounty hunters around here and in the northern Taus as well."

"Good. I'll send a message to my own contacts and see what I can find. I know many leaders of Bretonia, Liberty and Rhienland want to make a move, but convincing enough of the members of said governments can take so long it's terrible. But maybe we'll get some official help from the governments before we get a group together."

"I hope so sir. I hope so."

No comments:

Post a Comment